The Community Section has responsibility to facilitate the development of integrated strategies and programmes that enhance social and cultural experiences in Roscommon. The section has been set up as part of the government policy on the integration of Local Government and Local Development with a core function of facilitating the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and the preparation and implementation of the community elements of the Local Economic & Community Plan (LECP).
Key Programmes being implemented within the section are as follows:
- Preparation of the community elements of the Roscommon Local Economic and Development Plan
- Administration of LCDC (Local Community Development Committee) meetings
- Supporting the LCDC as the Local Action Group for the RDP (LEADER) 2014-2020 Programme. This is in partnership with Roscommon LEADER Partnership.
- Oversight & monitoring of the (Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP). SICAP is being delivered in Roscommon by Roscommon LEADER Partnership
- Administration of Roscommon Joint Policing Committee
The Community Section can be contacted at:
Roscommon County Council
Áras an Chontae
Phone: 090 6637100