Water and Sanitary Services
The function of Roscommon County Council in relation to Water Services is:
Roscommon County Council has 18 public water schemes and 24 sewerage schemes under its jurisdiction. The quality of water supplied is regularly monitored to ensure compliance with the Drinking Water Regulation. The Water Services Investment Programme for capital schemes for 2007-2009 has been estimated at €138.5 million for County Roscommon and is funded by the National Development Plan 2007-2013.
The following Services are delivered:
- Operation and Maintenance of public water supply schemes and public sewerage schemes.
- Monitoring and Maintenance of water quality.
- Provision of grants for construction of new and upgrading of existing group water and sewerage schemes.
- Provision of Individual Well Grants for improvement of water Supply.
- Payment of annual maintenance Subsidies to group water schemes.
- Road Opening Licences for water and sewerage connections.