Multi-Annual funding of group schemes for 2016 to 2018
Local authorities were requested to bid for funding based on the needs of schemes from 2016 to the end of 2018 and this funding will be provided under the following measures:
- Environmental and public health compliance (group water sector) - grants under this measure, to improve water quality, equal 100% of treatment facilities costs and 85% of other necessary works costs, subject to a maximum of €7,650 per house.
- Enhancement of existing schemes (group water sector) - grants under this heading are 85% of necessary works costs, subject to a maximum of €7,650 per house. A supplemental grant is available for new group water schemes in certain circumstances.
- Rural development (group water sector) - grants under this heading are 85% of necessary works costs, subject to a maximum of €7,650 per house. A supplemental grant is available for new group water schemes in certain circumstances.
- Transition of schemes to public water and waste water sector – grants of 100% of the cost of works for take-over of group water schemes and grants of up to 75% of cost subject to a maximum grant of €6,750 per house are available for new group sewerage schemes.
- Innovation and research – funding will be allocated within the overall funding available for this stream of investment.
- Individual wells and on-site wastewater treatment systems – funding for this measure is demand-led.
Multi-Annual funding allows for enhanced funding certainty for priority investment needs in order to support the implementation of proper planning and sustainable development in rural areas, to meet the requirements of the Drinking Water Directive in relation to rural water supplies and to support the delivery of measures identified in River Basin Management Plans to meet the objectives of the Water Framework Directive.
Roscommon County Council submitted a priority programme on behalf of the County’s Group Water Schemes and the Department of Housing Planning, Community & Local Government have made an interim Grant Allocation under Measures 1 and 2. A description of each measure is set out below:
Measure 1 – Environmental and Public Health Compliance – Design Build Operate (DBO) Projects:
Measure 2 – Enhancement of existing Group Water Schemes Network Upgrades/ Water Conservation
Measure 3 – New Group Water Schemes – no submission from Roscommon County Council.
Measure 4 –Transition of group water schemes to public water sector
Measure 5 – Research and Innovation