Pay Your Social Housing Rent


Roscommon County Council Rents App

A free Roscommon County Council Rents App is now available to Roscommon County Council’s tenants. This app can be accessed via smart phone, tablet or computer. Tenants can view their rent account online. Additional features to the services will be rolled out later this year, these will include notifications and payment functionality.

Click the link below to register your account online

Download the Local Authority Customer Portal App from the links below that suit your smart phone:

Google Play Store App Store


Paying your Rent

How is my Rent Calculated?

Your rent is calculated in accordance with the current Differential Rent Scheme.

  1. Insert the Differential Rent Scheme

How do I pay my Council or RAS rent?

Payment methods:

  • Online via Local Authority Customer Portal (Customer Number and Password required)

  • Billpay Card in a post office or POSTPOINT Shop

  • Household Budget organised via Housing Rents Section

  • Post Order / Bank Draft and forward quoting your Customer Number to Finance Section, Roscommon County Council, Áras an Chontae, Roscommon F42 VR98

  • Debit or Credit Card by phoning the Finance Unit on (090) 6637108 and quote your Customer Number

How do I pay my HAP Rent?

The following methods are available:

  1. Online at ( HAP recipient ID No. and Pin required)
  2. Phone 061 556600  ( HAP recipient ID No. and Pin required)
  3. HAP Billpay Card in a post office of POSTPOINT Shop
  4. ( Select the HAP Shared Services Centre -  HAP recipient ID No. and Pin required

My family income circumstances have changed, what will happen to my rent?

You must download the “Declaration of Income” Form, complete and submit with your relevant documentation immediately to Housing Rents Section, Roscommon County Council, Áras an Chontae, Roscommon F42 VR98.


See relevant “Declaration of Income” Form below:

  1. Declaration of Income Form RCC Tenant

  2. Declaration of Income Form RAS Tenant

  3. Declaration of Income Form HAP Tenant

I am having trouble paying my rent, what can I do?

You must contact the Housing Rents section immediately, and you can make an agreed arrangement to pay off any arrears on a weekly basis over a reasonable period.


You could also contact Roscommon Money Advise Budgeting Service for free advice on managing your budget


Roscommon MABS

Tower Block A

Roscommon West Business Park Golf Links Road Roscommon F42 TD98

Tel: 0761 07 2720


Opening Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm