County Roscommon Pride of Place Competition 2017
COUNTY ROSCOMMON PRIDE OF PLACE COMPETITION 2017
Roscommon County Council would like to invite communities to participate in the County Roscommon Pride of Place Competition 2017. Category winners will be nominated by Roscommon County Council to the All Island Pride of Place Competition organised by Co-Operation Ireland. Pride of Place is about the celebration of community group’s contribution to local society and the creation of civic pride through communities working together.
Roscommon County Council proposes to nominate suitable groups under one or more of the following categories.
The categories for 2016 are as follows:
- Category 1 = Population 0 – 300
- Category 2 = Population between 300 – 1000
- Category 3 = Population between 1000 – 2000
- Category 4 = Population between 2000 – 5000
- Category 5 = Over 5000
- Category 6 = Community Based Youth Initiative
- Category 7 = Creative Place Initiative
- Category 8 = Community Reaching Out Initiative
- Category 9 = Housing Estates
- Category 10 = Islands & Coastal Communities
- Category 11 = Urban Neighbourhood
Entries should be received on or before Friday 21st April 2017
This competition is open to all communities in County Roscommon with the exception of communities that have been nominated to the All Ireland Competition within the last three years. Applications received from different groups in the same area may be treated as one. Groups should, where possible, work together and submit one joint application.
Application forms and full details are available from: Application Form County March 2017.pdf (size 382.2 KB)
Community & Enterprise Department,
Roscommon County Council,
Áras an Chontae , Roscommon
Director of Services,
Roscommon County Council