In October 2006, Westbic a non-board member of the RCDB Economic Implementation Group, opened the first Hot-desking facility in Roscommon at their offices on Racecourse Road, Roscommon. Hotdesking looks at new office space solutions for new business start-ups. Brisk Net Ltd, a wireless broadband company that have set up in Roscommon to serve the Midlands and West, are the first client to the new Hot-desking facility. At present, there are Hotdesking facilities in Roscommon at the Westbic offices on Racecourse Road.
A Hotdesking facility available for hire for the following categories of people/firms:
- Individuals doing feasibility studies, business plans or research who need flexible office accommodation and fast telecommunications access
- Individuals working for firms in other locations
- Those who wish to telecommute but whose employers will not agree to home working (this is very common)
- Field or sales staff of firms locations
- Advance parties of new start-ups, national companies setting up a branch (satellite) office
- Potential FDI investors - advance parties needing a virtual office
- Start-up entrepreneurs and firms
For many of the above, their need is not so much for office space as access to office facilities i.e. desk, data exchange (internet), meeting room on occasional basis and the credibility of a business address.
Generally, the following services will be available
- Telephone system with voicemail, call forwarding, dedicated number
- Internet access through shared DSL or other - usually one data point
- Two (usually) electricity sockets
- Chair and desk
- Access to canteen or coffee station
- Postal address
- Heating and lighting
- Air conditioning
- Access to range of office equipment e.g. photocopy, fax, shredder, binding etc
- Coded (PIN) access to all facilities
Hotdesking facilities are usually as part of incubation or start-up centres. The major advantage of this is that the 'hotdeskers' are a great source of feeder stock for the centre and they can move office without changing address or business card if there are different size units available.
Cost arrangements can be per hour or simply treated as a small office without partitions with a monthly or annual rent subject to a license agreement.
For further information contact Westbic on 090 6625196.