Local Improvement Scheme - Expressions of Interest 2018
The Department of Rural and Community Development is expected to provide funding for Local Improvement Schemes (LIS) in 2018 for the improvement of local non-public roads. The Grant Allocation for Roscommon County Council has not yet been announced.
LIS guidelines specify the local contribution from the landowners / local residents of between 10% and 20% of the overall cost due before work commences. Roscommon County Council will ensure as far as practicable that priority is given to projects most requiring attention in the county as a whole.
- Non-public roads leading to community amenities such as graveyards.
- Non-public roads providing access to parcels of land or access for harvesting purposes (including turf) for two or more persons.
- The road must be open to the public and serve two or more landholders.
Non Eligible Roads
- Roads serving only houses or buildings occupied or used by persons not engaged in agriculture.
- Roads leading to commercial enterprises.
- Roads requiring drainage only or fencing only works.
Application forms are available below (related documents) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4 pm on 31st January 2018.
Eugene Dwyer S.E.
Head of Roads and Transportation
Roscommon County Council
Áras an Chontae
Roscommon F42 VR98