Boyle to Lough Key Cycle Corridor - N61 portion
ROSCOMMON COUNTY COUNCIL
SECTION 38 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Roscommon County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to provide the following road safety improvement measures:
Boyle to Lough Key Cycle Corridor (N61 portion)
The proposed works on the N61 extend from King House in Boyle Co. Roscommon eastwards on the N61-21 to the N61 Roundabout and continue northwards on the N61-0.
The proposed works will include the following:
- The construction of new kerbline/road alignment and footpath between King House and the N61 roundabout.
- Provision of safe pedestrian crossing facilities at the Scoil Naisiunta Paroisteach.
- Widen and resurface the existing walkway running parallel to the N-61-0 for a distance of 320 metres.
- Provision of traffic island on the N-61-0 and new road lining to promote traffic calming measures.
Plans of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection from Wednesday 7th August 2019 up to and including Thursday 5th September at:
- Boyle Area Office, The Crescent, Boyle - Monday to Friday 9.30am to 13.00pm & 14.00pm to 17.30pm.
- On this webpage below.
Submissions and observations on the Section 38 Proposed Boyle to Lough Key Cycle Corridor (N61 portion) can be made by email and in writing to the addresses below between Wednesday 7th August and Thursday 5th September 2019 inclusive (excluding Public Holidays) as follows;
• By email to email@example.com up to 5.00pm on Friday 6th September 2019.
• By Post/Hand: In writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Community & Enterprise Section, Aras an Chontae, Roscommon F42 VR98 up to 5.00pm on Friday 6th September 2019.
Only submissions received by the closing date and time as set out above will be considered. Submissions and observations should state the name, address, and where relevant the body represented. All comments including the names and addresses of those making the comments, submitted to the Council regarding the Section 38 of the Boyle Cycleway Improvement Works Scheme will form a report to be presented to Boyle Municipal District, and will form part of a public document.
Director of Services,
Community & Enterprise.