Road Opening Licences

A licence is required if an individual/contractor wishes to open a footpath, road or street for any reason. 

There is a fee and insurance required. It should also be noted that no work should be carried out without prior notice to the Council, ESB and Eircom, even when the licence is obtained. Adequate signage is also a necessity as a condition of the licence. The Council also needs to be notified when the work is completed. 

Additional fees are payable for connections to watermains and sewers.